The new year can be a time of both celebration and grief. For many, it’s a time to spend with loved ones and to remember those who are no longer with us. But of course, this year will be different. In 2020 COVID-19 took the world by surprise. A pandemic like nothing we’ve seen swept every continent and still, over nine months on, we’re still feeling the vibrations. Yes, New Years’ will certainly be bittersweet and lonely for many households due to the loss of jobs, family members, and the distance caused by strict lockdown measures.
But with a new year comes new opportunities. It brings a new start for many and the change to set new intentions for ourselves and others. Now more than ever before the importance of self-care, kindness and mental health have become very apparent. And where better to start than within our own minds?
What are affirmations and how do they affect our wellbeing?
Affirmations are often considered to be simple and easy to remember phrases used to help change a person’s inner voice. By using affirmations over time we’re able to slowly change our outlook on life and they’ve even been thought to improve our confidence, happiness, and positivity.
Some might think of affirmations as no more than words or ‘wishful thinking.’ However, as creatures of habit, we also tend to think in a certain way, whether it be predominantly positive or negative. These thoughts can influence our mood, behavior, and even our ability to handle adversity. By using affirmations to gradually change our thoughts, we’re able to learn to be more positive and receptive to positive things.
30 Beautiful Affirmations for the new year.
- What’s meant for me won’t go by me.
- Stop saying sorry so much.
- I’m on the path that’s meant for me.
- I’m permitted to change and grow.
- Boundaries are a good thing!
- I’m allowed to let go of the past.
- I’m living a life past me would be proud of.
- Bring on the new opportunities!
- I can achieve all my goals.
- This year I will find my inner strength.
- I choose to speak kindly to myself.
- Think positive thoughts!
- I’m ready to open my mind to different things.
- Things are coming together for me.
- I accept and love myself just as I am.
- I accept my demons with love and forgiveness.
- I choose a path of happiness and wellness.
- I am grateful for so many things!
- I release last year’s mistakes and allow myself to start again.
- I am shaping my own future.
- I love myself.
- I am good enough.
- I am determined!
- I am calm, confident, and ready to face the year.
- I am allowed to celebrate all achievements, no matter how small.
- I am able to make my own decisions.
- I am in control of my reactions and actions.
- I’m allowed to take time to heal.
- I’m allowed to look after my own health before that of others.
- I am just as important as everyone else.
Thank you all for your support.
I hope to continue to bring you many wonderful things in the new year. There are various things going on behind the scenes including illustrating for a local book, planning the relaunch of my store, and researching for a true-crime podcast (TBC due to COVID).
This past year may have held many challenges. Although I lost my grandfather at the end of November, I also gained a husband, another feline child and a new lease on life. Heartbreak is present but my heart is also full of joy for what I do have in my life and for the wonderful memories I have with those lost.